Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shout Outs and Holy Week Devotions

Tonight I'm taking a moment to give "shout outs" (perhaps that should be "shouts out") to several fellow bloggers. These are not only blogs that I follow and read; they are blogs that share something in common with Pew Ponderings (in my humble opinion). If you enjoy what you read here on Pew Ponderings, you may also enjoy these blogs. They are unique unto themselves, but something about each struck a chord with me.

The first is "Devotionals for Bloggers" owned by Christine M. Miller-Ramey. Christine enjoys sharing her faith through the written word. With a desire to have a devotion for each day, Christine has gathered other writers to help fill one or more days per month. I feel privileged to be included among this group. If all goes well and I fulfill my obligations, you'll be able to read a devotion from me on the 5th of each month. But don't stop there! Read the encouraging words of the other writers as well. It's a diverse group with a variety of life experiences and perspectives - a joy to have that variety with each new day. So, this "shout out" goes to Christine and each of my fellow writers at Devotionals for Bloggers.

For Holy Week, because the 5th fell on Maundy Thursday, Christine accepted my offer to write a series of devotions. So this week, you will find three devotions - "The Last Supper" on Thursday, 5 April; "Sacrifice of the Forsaken" on Friday, 6 April; and "Christ is Risen" on Easter Sunday, 8 April. My heartfelt thanks go out to Christine for giving me the opportunity to write this series and sharing in the monthly writing for her site.

In addition to the blog itself, you can follow Christine and "Devotionals for Bloggers" on Facebook and Pinterest.

My second "shout out" goes to Marti Pieper and her "Read. Write. Pray." As I read about her love for reading, passion for writing, and thanks to God for the gift of each, I felt a certain kindred connection. As the home page of her website suggests, she hopes to "share [her] passion for reading and books of many kinds; for the craft and business of writing; and for prayer, the living expression of relationship with an all-loving, all-powerful God." Not only is there good reading available on Ms. Pieper's site and blog, they are very well done sites. (As a software developer specializing in professional web sites, I appreciate a clean, well-designed site.)

After taking a moment to read here, please take the time to support these other fine bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jeff for the shout-out! Glad to have you on board. Keep up the great work and look forward to more in the future :)

    ReplyDelete