Saturday, March 31, 2012

God Saves Red Green

A bit of humor to lighten the somber mood as we head into Holy Week. I'm a big fan of The Red Green Show on public television. At the end of each show, it's "meetin' time" and all the men of Possum Lodge gather, in part, to recite the man's prayer. While the lodge members' prayer may epitomize the plight of modern men, I've morphed the original prayer into something a bit more positive. (The words of the original man's prayer are in bold.)

I'm a man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess
 
I'm a man - You are God
But I can change - with Your help
If I have to - because I must
I guess - I am certain.

You are God
And with Your help
I can be changed
to be more godly
because I must
I am certain.

Lord - With your help, I am certain that we can each be changed to the men you want us to be. You can touch our hearts until there is no need to guess. Thank you for having provided the perfect example. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment